Another popular Mauritian street food snack! Crispy on the outside and super soft on the inside. This a recipe for around 5-6 slices of bread. The batter can be used for bread, potatoes, aubergines, etc. Best served with satchini or chilli sauce. Recipe is below, also check out my Instagram reels for a step to step guide!
1/2 cup gram flour
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
Pinch of baking powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp garlic ginger paste
1 bunch spring onions - chopped
1 bunch coriander leaves.- chopped
Vegetable oil for deep frying
• Put all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix.
• Add some water a little at a time to make a thick batter
• Dip your slices bread or potatoes into the batter amd coat both sides.
• Deep fry on a medium heat until both sides are golden.
• Drain excess oil with kitchen towel
• Serve hot
Follow Emily's Cooking on Instagram